Sunday, September 14, 2008

not sure

So it seems that our plans and ideas are constantly changing...

We've checked out a few facilities, but so far the only one we really like is Gabrella Manor. I want to take a look at a couple different places - Mathews Manor and The Villa at Birmingham - this Fall before we decide on one site. And now instead of having the ceremony and reception at the same location, in order to save a little money, we're considering having the reception in Julie's backyard (assuming she and Scott OK the idea). In doing so, we could bring in our own caterers and florists and cut down the outrageously high costs of both vendors from the reception.

And hopefully, the extra money saved (I'm hoping that this idea lowers overall cost rather than increasing it) can go towards a better photography package and my gown - the one I have my eye on is pretty expensive.

We haven't decided whether or not we're going to hire a planner; I want to try to do as much as I can on my own (to determine whether this is a doable task for me) and then decide if I need a full-time planner or just a day-of planner. Another DIY task we've decided on is stationary; because invitations seem to be unnecessarily expensive, we've chosen a simple pattern that I am going to put together with the help of the very wonderful people! :)

Anyhow, that's the latest on the wedding planning... here's a list of some vendors we're considering. Take a look around and let us know what you think!

PHOTOGRAPHY
Javon Longeliere Photography (http://www.longieliere.com/)
Janine McClintock Photography (http://www.janinemcclintock.com/)
Stephen Sanderson Photography (http://www.stephensandersonphotography.com)
VENUES
Gabrella Manor (www.gabrellamanor.com)
Mathews Manor (http://www.mathewsmanor.com/home.htm)
The Villa at Birmingham (www.thevillabirmingham.com)
**for the ladies**
GOWN DESIGNERS
Alvina Valenta - designer of my dream dress
Carolina Herrera
Jim Hjelm
and several others!

Thanks always for your support, and we'll post more in the weeks to come!
Sarah and Charles

No comments: