Friday, October 24, 2008

venue

I think we've pretty much settled on our favorite venue (ceremony/reception): Rucker Place. It has a beautiful, cozy garden out back; bright, open rooms; and the wedding director is very friendly! Charles didn't get to see it in person, but he loved the pictures that I took. So once he gets a chance to see it in person, we'll decide (definitely) on either Rucker Place or Gabrella Manor.

PROS v CONS
Rucker Place:
*easy-to-find
*proximity
*beautiful garden
*cozy "honeymoon
suite"
*fits "feel" of wedding
*small space
*parking is tight
*in-house catering only
Gabrella Manor
*easy-to-find
*gorgeous patio
*"warm"
*parking service

*distance
*noise from traffic
*dark
*in-house catering
only

I was hoping to see a few more potential venues this week, but I haven't had as much time as I would have liked. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this time next year we'll have lots of turned leaves (this year is a little odd), especially since I'm counting on them for my color scheme. :)

Well, that's all for now. I should really be studying for my test this Sunday, but wedding stuff keeps jumping around in my mind. :P I guess this is more fun than statistics!


**I will make posts more consistently and more often in the coming months, so check back every now and then!

1 comment:

Tommy1951 said...

Having been a wedding photographer in my youth and having gone through 4 weddings for my children and now helping to run a wedding event venue I can understand your stress. But remember that you are planning a marriage, not just a wedding. Remember to take time for you and your couple to grow and learn through all of these decisions. The wedding is just a day, the marriage is a lifetime.